ACE College Reading for Success
• Critical thinking as it applies to reading of college-level texts
• Interpreting both persuasive and informational texts
• Identifying thesis and purpose statements and evaluating supporting information
• Developing a mature vocabulary in order to fully understand college-level texts
• Note-taking and test-taking with respect to reading assignments
During Summer College 2020, CRS will be conducted in a fully online format via a videoconferencing platform supplemented by UIC email. Students participating in CRS will need reliable Internet access and an electronic device that can accommodate videoconferencing (preferably a PC or laptop/tablet computer with a webcam, or if necessary, a smartphone).
PROGRAM DAYS AND TIMES
Two sections scheduled for Mondays and Wednesdays:
Section 1: 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Section 2: 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
WHO SHOULD REGISTER?
All Summer College students are welcome to enroll in this program.
Day(s): Monday and Wednesday
Time(s): 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.